|Monday||19:00||Open dancing and small crafts.||The Club house at Häradshövdingegatan 17.|
|Wednesday||17:30||Fighting practice outdoors.||Meet at Old Ålidhemsskolans sportsfield|
|Thursday||19:00||Different practical or theoretical themes and small crafts.||The Club house at Häradshövdingegatan 17.|
|Sunday||10:30||Fighting practice.||Meet at Old Ålidhemsskolans sportsfield|
........last updated: 2018-09-17........|
UMA XXV - AUTUMN DANCE & NORTHERN LIGHTS BARD
A warm and hearty welcome to...
Date: 26-28th of October, 2018
Plats: Brattby village hall, Umeå|
[Umeå-brattby 70, Umeå, which is located outside of Umeå city]
Transport: If travelling from far away, Umeå is best accessed by train to Umeå C trainstation, or by plane to Umeå airport.
The bus line 15, or 31 passes by the bus stop, Brattyby 2 E12, that is very close to the event site. You just need to walk a bit downwards, away from the road. And then the village hall (bygdegård) is on your left.
Those travelling by car or other, can find a map here! Map with trafikflöde ie traffic flow for bus, tabussen.nu you can find bus schedule info. Remember to tick "Regionalt i Västerbotten" [Regional in Västerbotten] as option at the top of the page before you do a query.
If you need help with transport from/to Umeå C trainstation or Umeå airport, please tick that option in the signup. Don't forget to notify us later, preferably at least a day beforehand, what time and day you will arrive.
Lodging: crash space on floors in the building (there is usually a
quiet sleeping area, and one for those going to bed a bit later), or in
tent (camping is allowed outside, if you want to bring a tent). Don't
forget to bring mattresses, pillows, blankets, bed linen etc. Toilets
and shower are available onsite. The site has a max capacity of 60 people.
NB: due to severe allergies, garlic and perfume-free event!
(if you bring own food/snacks, absolutely no garlic in them,
and perfume includes spray, deo etc)
Food & drink: Evening snack Friday evening, breakfast, lunch,
afternoon fika and banquet Saturday, as well as breakfast Sunday are
included in the cost. Alcohol is allowed on site. Don't forget to list
allergies or other special dietary requirements when you sign up!
Please remember to add in 'other comments' in the signup form or in another way contact us well in advance, if you have other allergies (especially airborne ones that are not food-related) that it is important that we know about!
Northern Lights Bard: The fourth edition of this competition will take place during the event.
The best entertainers and musicians in the North compete to win the honourable title as "Northern Lights Bard".
The competition has four parts.
1) Present a song, poem or story or similar with historical evidence/reference.
2) Present a song, poem or story or similar that you have composed yourself with historical spirit.
3) Present a song, poem or story or similar about the SCA that you have composed.
4) Pull three words from a hat on site and write a new song, poem, story or similar in 15 minutes and present it.
Arts & Sciences Exhbition: Exhibition with arts and crafts made by participants
- People's Choice voting will be applied and winners will receive prices.
- Max 2 items per participant, and feel very free to bring slightly different things, regarding materials/technique.
- Documentation, ie the paper where you describe what it is you are putting on display does not need to be very advanced, barely half an A4-page will suffice. Including title/what it is one has done, a few lines about what and why one has done and how one did it, and whether one was mostly inspired or based it on historical finds/references or similar. And don't forget to list your name and if any Shire/Barony & Kingdom.
Do you want to bring something to show off? Don't forget to tick this option in your signup!
Do you have questions or need help with documentation? Please send us a mail and we'll try to help you out.
Archery: Whether competition or training will be decided after coordination
with the Archery Marshal, after taking into account the weather and total number of participants.
Schedule: Site opens on 18:00 Friday, and closes at 13:00 on Sunday.|
Preliminary planning includes, 1-2 dance workshops, Northern Lights Bardic Competition either starting around lunch or at the banquet, depending on number of bards signing up, and a ball between the two banquet servings. Entrants in the Arts & Sciences exhbition will be on display indoors, and archery will be an outdoor activity.
Please indicate when you register which activities you are interested in participating in. If you change your mind later and want to remove or add another activity to the list please send us an email.
A more detailed schedule will be posted at the beginning of October at the latest.
You can also find the event posted here on facebook: Uma XXV
Signup deadline is the 12th of October. Any additional signup depends on space available.
Payment deadline is the 17th of October. A delayment fee of 100 SEK is added if late payment.
Cancellation will be refunded until the 17th of October, after that any payment is fully charged.
Signup & Registration|
- one signup per person.
- registration is not completed until payment has been received.
To sign up, please fill out the signup form!
Cost & Payment:|
400 SEK - adult (18+ years)
200 SEK - youth (13-17 years)
0 SEK - child (0-12 years)
- Payment is to be sent to postgiro 649900-8 (SKA Uma).
* Foreign guests can pay upon arrival, please notify us when you mail us after signup (see below).
- Please label payment with "UmaXXV" and your mundane given name and surname, e.g.; "UmaXXV Anna Andersson". If you have sent payment for more than 2 persons at the same time, just add your name in the message, and explain for what persons you have sent payment when you mail us, and if need be also list any children you are the caretaker for and their age (see the below next step).
- Mail email@example.com with the subject line "Uma XXV" when you have submitted payment so we can confirm signup and payment option.
You can of course also mail any questions etc you have to the above emailadress :)
Head Steward: Erik Knutsson Drake (Staffan Drake)
Mistress of Bard Ceremonies: Gerdis (Maria Eriksson)
Mistress of Dance: Sonja Viljamaa
Coordinator: Mira (Eva Bolinder)
Archery Marshal in Charge: Eira Orre (Kicki Nordmark)
firstname.lastname@example.org +4670-626 32 52
Well met! And remember, Autumn is coming ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Signed up (= only signup completed)
Registered (= signup + payment completed)
¤ Mira [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Erik Sternschild [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Kareina Talventytär [Frostheim, Nordmark]
¤ Tyra Stigsdotter [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Wilhelm Marsson [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Luci Helsing [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Armand d'Alsace [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Sigris Ulfsdotter [Frostheim, Nordmark]
¤ Mia F [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Marianne DeGeer [Frostheim, Nordmark]
¤ Keldor DeGeer [Frostheim, Nordmark]
¤ Signhild Åsadotter [Gyllengran, Nordmark
¤ Åsa Sixtensdotter [Gyllengran, Nordmark
¤ Branna från Korpåsen [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Torgrim [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Mylla O'Reilly [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Are Faggeson [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Sonja V [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Fru Embla [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Miriel atte Wille [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Farkas Dyngrak [Gyllengran, Nordmark]
¤ Dis Trumpetare [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Druda Uddormsdotter [Holmrike, Nordmark]
¤ Torunn Egilsdotter Ask [Holmrike, Nordmark]
¤ Klomster [Uma, Nordmark]
¤ Kjartan av Frostheim [Frostheim, Nordmark]
¤ Caroline av Gotvik [Frostheim, Nordmark]